The attitude of worship: King Of My Heart - Steffany Gretzinger




When Steffany Gretzinger sang "King of My Heart", she was wearing a head warmer, a simple shirt and a Jean trouser, and was not wearing shoes on the stage. (Yes, she is my namesake too).
So, if you are still bound by religion, you would notice all the descriptions I gave of her, but you will miss out on what I am about to say because as far as you are concerned, Deuteronomy 22:5 says a woman must not wear what belongs to a man. (You forgot to research on the origin of trousers, I guess).
The song was not written in a rush to be a superstar. Trust me, Steffany didn't look like that. She was so raw on stage, you would think she is an ajebo babe.
Normally, we are told that as a music star, there is a way you carry yourself. You do it honorably because all the cameras are on you. I often wonder, "Didn't they read that David danced before the lord like a child?"
See, worship is not a ceremony. It is spontaneous. It is like getting lost in something bigger than you. Maybe this analogy would help.
For some, when they encounter a life-shaking challenge such as losing a loved one, getting heartbroken, losing a huge amount of money, failing exams, getting pregnant premaritally, losing a job, getting fired, falling into trouble, etc, the next thing they think of is one or two of the following: to smoke, to commit suicide, to drink, to run away, to relocate, etc.
The one common reason for all of the above is to forget what has happened to them by getting lost in something else - anything to keep them from thinking of their situation.
In worship, you are meant to do the same thing. You don't, however, have to be in some kind of trouble before you worship. A little child cries, not necessarily because something is wrong, but because it wants to be carried.
We all are children of God, but must "consciously" come before him with the heart of a child in worship. Only then can we fully experience his person in a way that words cannot explain.
KING OF MY HEART
Let the King of my heart
Be the mountain where I run
The fountain I drink from
Oh, He is my song
Let the King of my heart
Be the shadow where I hide
The ransom for my life
Oh, He is my song
'Cause You are good
You are good, oh-oh
And let the King of my heart
Be the wind inside my sails
The anchor in the waves
Oh oh, He is my song
Let the King of my heart
Be the fire inside my veins
The echo of my days
Oh oh, He is my song
Let the King of my heart
Be the wind inside my sails
The anchor in the waves
Oh oh, He is my song



'Cause You are good
You are good, oh-oh
#KINGOFMYHEART
#WORSHIP
#MYTHOUGHT
Istifanus Sarki


Comments