What Nigerian Orphanages Truly Need



It's a tragedy to know that while some don't think twice before proceeding to abort a pregnancy, some are somewhere praying for more than 20 years for a single opportunity to be pregnant.

Babies are not just a proof of womanhood, but a fruit of manhood and womanhood. They must be cherished and loved.

But guess who needs more love? Children that are fatherless, motherless, and homeless. It takes one to be in their shoe to understand how orphans feel. Many misunderstand them however by simply going to visit them and dump all manner of goodies on them, which in itself is not totally bad.

If you ask me, I'll remind you of the words of a female orphan that spoke to me somewhere in an orphanage in Moro, Osun State.

"Uncle, beyond the clothes and food and money people give to us, we need love. We need people to visit us, check on us, listen to us and play with us"

This to me, is true care of the orphans.

I may not speak for the entire world, but I know for sure about Nigerian orphans. If you are ever a lover of orphans, residing in Nigeria, then, I'll advise that you be careful not to join the great wrong majority in making the conditions of these children worse in the name of trying to show love.

What do I mean by that? Expect my next article on on this topic. You can also send me a mail @ istifanussarki6@gmail.com or chat me up via what's app on +2348137884995 for more details.

Comments